Leasing leader in Poland
Santander Leasing is a company with over 20 years of experience and a leader in financing vehicles, machinery, and equipment. It offers services to small and medium businesses as well as corporate customers. It employs 700 people, and the value of financed fixed assets exceeds PLN 11 billion. The number of Santander Leasing customers has already reached almost 73,000, and the company signs more than 35,000 contracts and lease agreements every year.
Digitalization of lease agreement signing
Santander Leasing focuses on the high quality of its offer and aims to provide customers with the greatest possible access to services they can render digitally and independently in the eBOK24 portal. That is why one of the company's priorities has become digitizing and simplifying the lease agreement signing process for entrepreneurs. To achieve this, the company has decided to include issuing <a href="https://www.certum.eu/en/simplysign/" style="color: #5ec1b0" target="blank">qualified electronic signatures</a> to its customers. It entrusted the task to Asseco Data Systems, a leader in trust services in Poland
Implementation and integration of Asseco trust services
Projekt, który wyróżniał się skalą przedsięwzięcia pod względem technologicznym i operacyjnym obejmował wdrożenie usług zaufania Asseco Data Systems:
- <a href="https://www.certum.eu/en/simplysign/" style="color: #5ec1b0" target="blank">SimplySign</a> qualified electronic signature with a qualified times stamp for signing agreements in the eBOK portal,
- <a href="https://www.certum.eu/en/qualified-electronic-seal//" style="color: #5ec1b0" target="blank">qualified electronic seal</a> to automatically seal agreements,
- API RA to automate the e-signature request process,
- Trust services gateways allow the confidentiality of the signed document to be maintained and create the proper signature format as required by standards and provisions of the law.
The project also involved their integration with the key business systems of Santander Leasing, responsible for sales support, customer service, and document flow. Asseco was also responsible for building the cloud-based document repository needed to create a fully digital process for signing lease agreements. All work was conducted in the agile methodology. The project was completed in 12 months and ended in September 2021.
For leasing consultants to be able to issue SimplySign qualified electronic signatures to customers, they had to become certified as a business operator of an Identity Confirmation Point (ICP). For this purpose, online training courses were conducted at Asseco Academy. Thanks to them, 279 employees of Santander Leasing were certified in three months, enabling the lessor’s consultants to issue 334 qualified e-signatures.
What is the current process for signing lease agreements?
Before a customer signs a lease agreement, he or she submits an electronic application for SimplySign, and his or her identity can be confirmed in two ways:
- by an advisor – ICP operator during a one-time personal meeting,
- using electronic identification (eID Santander), allows automatic verification of the customer's identity through a personal bank account with Santander Bank Polska, thus eliminating the need for a physical meeting with a consultant.
After receiving the certificate and activating the SimplySign service, the customer signs leasing documents with a qualified electronic signature in the eBOK24 portal.
Sign lease agreements digitally and remotely with SimplySign
- Signing contracts at a time and place convenient for customers
- Increased efficiency of leasing consultants
- Guarantee of security of processed data and documents
- Remote maintenance and processing of leasing contracts
- Reduce service time and dramatically improve service quality
- Digitalization of document workflow and reduction of paper handling costs
- Keeping key processes running during the pandemic
- Increasing the number of digital services in the eBOK24 portal
- Implementing a paperless strategy and caring for the environment